
As a business person I understand the need and reality of showing appreciation to customers or clients and employees. Because these important people keep us in business, through repeat business or word of mouth advertising on our part, and our employees keep the wheels of business running, I feel an obligation to let them know how much they are appreciated. No matter what kind of business you’re in there’s someone out there that you owe some gratitude too.
The Holidays are an opportune time to show appreciation by remembering them with a card with your heartfelt thanks. It’s a small thing but it means a lot. Just as an example of this I’d like to share just a little about a card received by my daughter. She felt, many times, that she wasn’t appreciated for the work she did, but last Christmas her boss sent a card, with a monetary gift, and told her how much they appreciated her hard work and care she showed for their business. She was overwhelmed to tears being remembered in such a wonderful way. I’ll never forget her call to me, telling me about it
A while back someone showed me a program, that I’ve been using since, where I can send cards, gift cards and gifts, all from my computer. It’s been a time and money saver and it makes it fun to send cards. I’ve gotten calls from friends and relatives thanking me for remembering them. The only thing I can add is the following quote:
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did , but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou

No comments:
Post a Comment